Dentist In Burke VA and Chevy Chase MD
Dr. Medhat Ghannam
My passion and excitement, as a dentist, is derived from being able to provide insight and understanding into the root of each patient’s dental concerns. Often these issues have gone un-diagnosed or have been neglected, patched up, or left untreated, which has led to serious problems. I am happy when I’m able to map out a successful plan to remedy these problems and set the groundwork so they do not reoccur.
Schedule An Appointment!
Many patients enter our office feeling hopeless or lost with regards to their oral health, after having experienced failed attempts at care from other practitioners. I take pride in helping these people through their negative experiences and having them leave empowered, with knowledge and a clear path to oral and overall health.
Many of my patients travel from out-of-state to be treated here. I love and cherish the trust and loyalty these people have in me and our team. I treat all of my patients as family and ensure they receive the excellent care they deserve.
In constantly striving for excellence, I am able to provide a wide range of dental services within a few short visits. This ensures my patients get back to enjoying what matters most: Their Health and Their Lives!
What factors matter most when choosing a cosmetic and family dentist near Washington D.C.?
Education & Memberships
I obtained my Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore Dental School. I then completed a hospital-based residency program at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs Hospital.
Additionally, I served in the Oral Medicine and Pathology Department at the Greenbaum Cancer Center in Baltimore and in the Oral Pathology Department at Johns Hopkins University, also in Baltimore.
Since completing dental school, I have attended numerous continuing education courses, pursuing dental excellence and striving to master my craft. With my passion to advance the art and science of dentistry, I am able to serve my patients by meeting all of their needs here in our office, in a relaxed and family-oriented environment. In doing so, I provide continuity of care and treatment, for the most effective, pleasant experience and outcome.
My continuing education efforts are across a wide range of dental topics, including:
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental implant and bone grafting surgery
- Oral conscious sedation
- Prosthodontics, periodontics, and TMJ-TMD function/dysfunction
I have completed rigorous continuing education curriculum with Frank Spear, The Hornbrook Group, the Pankey Institute, Pete Dawson, Dennis Tarnow, and Carl Misch.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- American Dental Association
- International Association of Dentists
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Northern Virginia Implant Society
- American Heart Association (ACLS provider)
- Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- District of Columbia Dental Society
- Washington Renaissance Study Club